Monday, August 11, 2014

Our Visit to PA

We spent the end of June and all of July in Pennsylvania.  It was wonderful.  Besides PA being much less hot (and much more green) than Phoenix, we got to visit with both of our families for several days, took a 4 day trip to Pittsburgh to visit college friends and Alcuin's godparents as well as a few day excursions to see friends in other parts of the state.

Alcuin loved spending time with his grandparents and Adam and I loved the babysitting that the grandparents so eagerly offered : - )  We got to go on 3 dates in the month of July!  I think that fulfills our date quota for the rest of the year...Alcuin also got to spend time with his 2 cousins (ages 5 and 2) and 3 god-siblings (ages 3, 1.5, and 3 mo.) and man, does he love being with other kids!  It's amazing how much happier and less needy he is with other little ones around.  They don't even need to play with him, he just likes to watch them in constant motion.  Alcuin doesn't seem like a Mama's boy (yet!); he exhibits no stranger danger but he HATES being by himself.  One of my biggest frustrations right now is that he seems to need my attention EVERY waking moment of his day.  But at least I can pass him off to anyone without a fuss.  Like today, he played with one of the hygienists for an hour during my dentist appointment.  And then fell asleep in her arms.  The problem is, there isn't usually anyone else during the day until Adam comes home at 5.  I think baby boy needs a puppy so he can chase someone else around the house besides me.

Here are a few pictures from our PA trip:

He loved his oldest cousin, Jaxsen, and Jaxsen was really gentle with him.  He could make Alcuin laugh hysterically just by looking at him.
Hanging with Linus and Dominic and Gregory (below) during our trip to Pittsburgh.
This was the only picture where all three were even close to looking at the camera.  Sorry Gregory!
While in my hometown, we visited some of my favorite childhood haunts such as Merrymead Farm and Friendlys.
With my sister, Emily, at Friendlys.  We used to come here all the time as kids with my grandparents.  The waiter might have smirked at me when I ordered that cone-head sundae.
I love this picture of Alcuin and my dad.
This was taken a few days ago, back in AZ, on Alcuin's 9 month birthday.  I can't believe how big he's getting.  He looks less like a baby and more like a little boy every day. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, you changed blog names on us!
    Cute pics!
    Maria is starting to get into a stage of wanting attention all. the. time. She's going to be really social I think!

    ReplyDelete