Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Day with the Pink Panda

Today was spent with a pink panda.  Specifically, this pink panda:

If you're anything like my husband, you're asking: "What the heck is that?"  That is Pink Panda, Alcuin's nebulizer and my new best friend.  Seriously, it feels like I sat with this plastic animal ALL DAY LONG. 

Alcuin's had a mild fever and a nasty cough since last week.  Yesterday I did the typical first-time-parent freakout and took him to the pediatrician.  Because my baby's cough could have been life threatening, ya know?  It wasn't.  But the doctor did recommend a breathing treatment.  "Isn't that a bit excessive?"  I thought to myself.  "What happened to the good old days when you tell me to stick him in the bathroom with hot water running and rub Vicks on his feet?"  Turns out I was wrong.  Nothing stops Alcuin's wheezing like this panda does.  I LOVE IT.

Alcuin loves it too.  The little albuterol addict.  
 So that was my day.  Sitting with this bear, dancing in a steamy bathroom with my little man, and of course, the Vicks.  Now the whole bedroom smells like Vicks.  Adam already hates the white noise machine; I can't imagine he's going to be thrilled about the fumes.  And speaking of Adam, tomorrow we will have dinner together for the first time in a week!  Not exaggerating.  That's what happens when your husband coaches track, acts in the school play and agrees to be someone's sponsor for RCIA.  He's a popular guy and I'm proud of him.  He called tonight from RCIA practice to tell me how excited he is that we will have dinner together tomorrow.  Aww.

But seriously, he needs to come home now.  So I can stop staring at this pink bear and talk to an actual person. 

You probably thought this post was going to be way more exciting than it actually was.  I thought so too when I started writing it.  My apologies.  I'm off to sleep in my vapor-filled bedroom. Goodnight :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment